Spring is here and summer is around the corner. The 2017 tour season is heating up already in Paris! The city has been in a slight slump over the past few years because of various events, but a new president and new horizons make Paris an extremely exciting place to be right now – just as exciting as ever, really!
We are thrilled that couples, families, solo travelers, gay men, lesbians, and heterosexuals all keep reaching out to us for tours with The Gay Locals. May and June are filling up already with tours and we couldn't be happier to be guiding so many interesting and diverse people. For future travelers, we wanted to touch base and highlight a few things for our tours this year, so you can book confidently with us.
1) All of our walking tours are private for you and your family/group. We find that everyone is happier getting their own tour, without dealing with other people. If multiple people request a bar hop on the same night, however, we will of course all go out together.
2) We consider any special requests, so don’t be shy! We’ve had people ask us about saunas, marriage proposals, picnics, and sex clubs. We’re here to make sure you have the best experience possible, and we’ll do our best to help.
3) Our guides typically don’t go into saunas and sex clubs with clients during the nighttime bar hops. Bars and dancing fine, but we tend to leave you at the door at places where things tend to get rowdy. It’s not that we are against it, but we want to maintain our professional lines.
4) Ask about the Catacombs and the Louvre for sure! We don’t offer these tours outright on our site, but we can organize them or suggest ways to visit these places. But please don’t ask about Normandy and Champagne because, well, we’re just not equipped to head out there – sorry!
5) Check the prices on our tour page so that everything is clear before you book. The price is per-tour, up to 8 people or so, and includes a deposit to be paid in advance. If you are a solo traveler, however, we are willing to discuss options with you. Our guides are students, actors, and writers who love sharing Paris with travelers from around the world, but they still need to buy their baguettes.
Send us am email at email@example.com to book a tour or ask a question and we’ll get back to you ASAP!